Following on Technabob’s Atari 2600 gently crammed in a Sega Game Gear shell, Ben Heck — the grandfather of all bizarro and beautiful gaming hardware hacks — has revealed his latest: a new revision of his laptop Xbox 360s. This time Heck notes:
It differs from my past Xbox 360 laptops in several ways:
* Removable standard Xbox 360 hard drive for easy profile/data swapping
* Both memory card slots accessible, same reason.
* No keyboard! Really, they have those chat pads, what’s the point? (Besides looking cool)
* Simplified layout of ports and buttons.
* Internal wi-fi module, no external antenna. Antenna is strung out inside unit like other consoles/laptops.
* Beveled edges! Countersunk screws!
The unit’s also got a built in Live Vision camera, an easy access panel to the 360′s hard drive, and as usual, is completely desirable for all its impractical manufacturing.