The latest round of updates for Team Fortress 2 have just started to leak from Valve HQ, and they’re more interesting than first meets the eye. Though they’ve made public their promise to keep this update classless — that is, not updating mechanics for individual classes, instead focusing on bringing a new community-built map and, err, a collection of hats, to each — it’s the hidden updates that are the most intriguing.
Spread across four pages, the gentlemanly updates tease with turn-of-the-century ads and excerpts on child labor, ‘enigmatical’ zeppelins, social divides based on hat ownership, and pugilistic hat bartering.
Your guess truly is as good as mine, and I’m interested to hear what those guesses might be: already it’s being bandied, based on the last of those pages, that hats could be rewards for pre-game bets on the outcome, but the rest are coming up truly blank.
- One shot: the Dynamic Tension of Team Fortress 2's Sniper update …
- Here come 'da Scout: Valve unveiling new abilities for Team …
- Team Fortress Tees: the Sniper and the Spy
- Red vs. Blue: Valve's latest Team Fortress master-short, Meet the …
- Shadowplay: SaltyandSweet's Team Fortress mobile
- One shot: Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress, 'naut-i-cized
See more posts about: Offworld Originals