Created as a promotion for their upcoming Wii/DS Spore Hero/Arena line, Maxis has unveiled a 2D Flash version of the franchise’s Creature Creator, and, while it’s still a bit rough around the edges (I’m having trouble properly rotating and resizing each of its constituent parts), it’s surprising for how close it comes to recreating the original experience (even moreso than the first Spore Creatures DS release).
Currently your creatures can be ‘trained’ in a simple object-whacking minigame, but even more impressive is the ability to save and load your creations via PNG files, as with the PC original, and all creations are stores in its own Sporepedia.
Let us know if you manage to whip up anything amazing.
- Data-mashers at the ready: Maxis opens the Spore API
- Wide open universe: Spore patch lets you export creatures to Maya …
- EA details Spore's 2009 PC, Wii, DS expansions
- Sporesculptor opens for 3D printed Spore creatures
- SporeBrowser: the third party, API-driven iPhone Spore-pedia …
- Fragile things: Aaron Meyers' API-driven Spore skeletons
- Skeletons alive: Aaron Meyers' Spore creatures now in augmented …
See more posts about: Offworld Originals