Edmund McMillen — creator of forthcoming WiiWare platformer Super Meat Boy — has been teasing for some time that some twelve odd characters of various other indie game renown will be joining the titular Meat Boy for the multiplayer sections of the game.
Now, via his meat blog, McMillen has officially announced the first with news that Tim, star of Xbox 360/PC puzzler hit Braid will be joining the game — not quite so surprising in that Tim’s actually a character originally designed by McMillen and visually updated by later Braid artist David Hellman.
Still, the cameo appearance and promise of more to come has me more excited than ever for the indie-game-community/jam vibe direction the game is taking.
TIM! [Super Meat boy!]
- The endless forest: first WiiWare shot of Edmund McMillen's Super …
- Get physical with new Super Meat Boy cinematic trailer, papercraft …
- Super Meat Boy gets musical, and Nintendo gets forward – Offworld
- Savory new details of Edmund McMillen's Meat Boy – Offworld
- Edmund McMillen's Meat Boy getting revamped for Wii, PC – Offworld
- Xbox Live Arcade hit puzzler Braid coming to PC in March – Offworld
- DESIGN REBOOT HD: Braid dev's "games as cheap drugs" lecture …
- Time lord: PC version of Braid contains full level editor – Offworld
See more posts about: Offworld Originals