Though progress on bringing Super Meat Boy to WiiWare has slowed Edmund McMillen somewhat on finishing off his “album” of retro inspired mashup games called No Quarter, he’s just posted the latest look at the first of six “tracks” in the game, now called Hitlers Must Die! (though I have to admit I prefer Destroy All Hitlers).
Originally described as ‘Mario + N + Wolfenstein‘, you now get the clearest view as to how that might work: a heavily physically modeled world with the protagonist running, jumping, and, of course, brutally defeating reams of Hitler clones.
It also strongly brings to mind early indie favorite tar-ball platformer Gish, a game which Edmund McMillen helped design, and which he says he’ll be returning to soon, with “awesome Gish 2 news in the next month.”
- Loose change: more work in progress looks at No Quarter – Offworld
- Edmund McMillen gives us No Quarter – Offworld
- Braid star Tim making cameo in WiiWare's Super Meat Boy – Offworld
- The endless forest: first WiiWare shot of Edmund McMillen's Super …
- The dynamic fluids of Chronic Logic's Gish – Offworld
See more posts about: Offworld Originals