Oft-mentioned 8-bit punk purveyors Anamanaguchi — most recently heard on Pterodactyl Squad’s chiptune Weezer cover album — have written in to notify us that they’ve just launched a new site for their upcoming U.S. tour, which will kick off in NYC on the 6th of August in NYC and end on the 6th of September in Seattle for the Penny Arcade Expo.
The first half of the tour will be supported by fellow NYC chip band Starscream, and all dates will include graphics by frequent Pulsewave visual collaborators Paris and Outpt. I’ve got it on good authority that there may be much more to the August-end Los Angeles shows than you might imagine.
Below is a sample of what to expect, or you can listen to the entirety of their last Dawn Metropolis EP at this previous Offworld post:
- Listen: Anamanaguchi's 8-bit punk EP, Dawn Metropolis
- Listen: Anamanaguchi, Bit Shifter, Tugboat cover Weezer, in 8-bits …
- One shot: David Mauro's Deus Ex Machina Puniat Arkouseus
- Listen: Future Boy's 8-bit Megamix, the last chiptune mixtape you …
- 8Bitpeoples/BlipFest prep Data Pop 09 SXSW chiptune party